Childcare First Aid HLTAID004
"Training big people properly to keep little people safe"
We understand that one of the most important aspects for any childcare operator is the health and safety of the children which is why our courses have been designed to ensure big people are trained properly to keep little people safe!
Our courses have been written to be compliant with the Education and Care Service National Regulations and specifically with National Quality Standards - Quality Area 2: Children’s Health and Safety.
So what is included in Childcare first aid?
- Taking educators through a range of scenarios related to age group they educate.
- Covering off what to do in a first aid emergency during indoor/ outdoor play or open and close when staff staff numbers are limited.
- MSDS, Serious Incident Report Form, Injury on intake and other safety related paper work.
- Ratio in a first aid emergency and the psychological effects of first aid on children.
- Policies and Procedures for First aid – Medication Policy, Asthma Policy, Allergy and Anaphylaxis Policy etc.
Imagine a first aid course where you actually stand at a cot and work out exactly what to do if that child wasn’t breathing, or where a child has a seizure whilst playing in the sandpit during indoor/outdoor play. We want educators to leave the training session not just competent but confident that should a child stop breathing, they know exactly what to do with confidence.
All of our Childcare First aid courses are designed specifically for our clients to ensure that we use their Policies throughout training to encourage a greater understanding of what the organisation expects.